We would like to invite Ugandans who share our commitments to volunteer with us. We encourage overseas volunteers who are able to cover their own expenses to contact us to find out about current opportunities.
Could you help with any of these activities?
- Conservation and clean up activities: and manual work during the rehabilitation work at the spring wells.
- Drama: one of the ways we transmit our message as it drives the point home and can reach a large audience. School children and church congregations love sketches so if you have ideas or you are good at composing songs or skits please contact us.
- Office work: such as preparing newsletters, updates for our webpages, answering the telephone etc.
- Teaching: Environmental Education in villages with churches, schools and other groups.
- Casual labour: such as painting, interior designing, general renovation activities, plumbing, compound designing, fixing bulbs etc at our field house in Namungoona. Please come and be a part of this fun work!
We are unable to pay volunteers, although we identify with the constraints of volunteering in developing country conditions and meals are served for those who spend more than 5 hours per day with us.
We offer occasional workshops to community groups, churches and schools where you can learn how to make tippy taps, charcoal briquettes, bio-sand water filters or fireless cookers. You can also learn about Farming God’s Way, backyard/sack gardening and sanitation and hygiene.
Where possible, we ask for a contribution to cover our costs.
Develop a small business
A Rocha Uganda produces energy saving cook stoves, charcoal briquettes, bio-sand water filters and fireless cookers, which are all available to purchase. We also invite individuals, churches and other small groups to develop small businesses by becoming sellers of these products. Please contact us to find out more.
Give a Gift with a Difference at shop.arocha.org
Your ‘Gift with a Difference’ could be a bio-sand water filter training course for one entrepreneur or you could train ten people to make briquettes from waste materials. Or perhaps you could provide one family with a fireless cooker: all these wonderful presents reduce fuel use, save trees and save money for cash-poor families in Uganda. Perhaps they could also save you time in the shops!
Other ways to support us
- Donate to A Rocha Uganda:
- 2000 UGX will purchase native tree seedlings to reduce soil erosion.
- £400 will enable 30 farmers receive training in Farming God’s Way.
- £1500 will enable us acquire an acre of land to set up FGW garden.
- Encourage friends and contacts to become A Rocha Uganda members.
- Recruit your church or a group within it to support A Rocha Uganda.
- Take few minutes in a day and pray for A Rocha Uganda.